Dibrugarh: In an unfortunate incident, a child died at Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH), Dibrugarh after the hospital caught fire on Sunday night.
According to reports, the fire caused extensive damage to the ICU of the Mother and Child Care unit of AMCH.
Meanwhile, a child who was in the intensive care unit (ICU) with ventilation support, died after the disconnection of electricity due to the fire.
Sources said the fire caught at the ICU of the Mother and Child Care unit of AMCH due to short-circuit.
Following the incident, chaos erupted among the mothers’ and their babies. Many sustained injuries while they tried to run away from the ward with their new-born babies.
Also Read: Himanta Biswa Rides Scooter Without Helmet in Rally, Says Pablo Picasso Once Said “Youth Has No Age”