SHILLONG, April 21: Meghalaya government today announced new guidelines for fighting the COVID19 pandemic in the state.
Deputy Chief Minister, Prestone Tynsong informed the media about the new set of guidelines notified for the purpose. He said detection of COVID19 positive cases on daily basis showed that the state was heading towards a grave situation.
The salient features of the new COVID guidelines are:
- RT-PCR test is made mandatory for any returnees or visitor to the state and no more RAT for them at entry point.
- Any certificate issued by different state government will not be accepted unlike earlier days.
- Colleges, institutions within Shillong Agglomeration will be closed upto May 3 next except those which have examination centres.
- Online classes as done earlier should continue in those colleges. Teacher and lecturers are allowed to attend their normal duties.
- Gyms, parlours, saloon, cinemas, swimming pools and bars will be closed down in Shillong Agglomeration from April 23 to 30.
- “Please stop coming to our state and our residents please take good care and avoid unnecessarily coming out from villages and coming to Shillong,” Tynsong said.
- Non-essential shops in an around Shillong area will be closed from April 26 up to May 02 next.
- Tourist spots located within East Khasi Hills district will be immediately closed down till April 30 given that maximum number of positive cases are reported here.
- Daily attendance of Govt employees has been reduced to 33 per cent of the total strength in every office.