Afghanistan, India Deny Pakistan 'Terror' Allegations
Kabul and New Delhi denied Pakistan's accusations that arch-rival India was funding "terror" groups and training them on Afghan soil.
The denial came a day after Islamabad said it had gathered "irrefutable" evidence, which it plans to present to the UN, of Indian involvement in "terrorist" activities impacting Pakistan.
"We expect the international community to force India to end its terrorism & bring to justice those responsible for killing thousands of innocent people in Pakistan," Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Twitter.
A statement from Pakistan's military said India was "training, harbouring and launching... terrorists into Pakistan," from 87 training camps -- 66 in Afghanistan and 21 in India.
Meanwhile, Afghanistan's foreign ministry denied the claim.
"The Afghan government explicitly declares that Afghanistan has been the main victim of terrorism in the world, and we are committed to the policy of combating all forms of terrorism," the Afghan statement read.
15 Dead in Stampede near Pakistan Consulate in Afghanistan
At least 15 Afghans were killed and more than a dozen injured in a stampede that occurred in an open ground where thousands of Afghans had gathered on Tuesday to secure visas from the Pakistan consulate in eastern Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.
Sohrab Qaderi, a provincial council member in eastern Jalalabad city, where the incident occurred said of the 15 people dead, 11 were women and several senior citizens were wounded.
Two other provincial officials said over 3,000 Afghans had congregated to collect tokens needed to apply for a visa to travel to Pakistan.
Officials in the Pakistan embassy were not immediately available for comment.
Iran Government decides to go solo in Chabahar Project
Tehran: Iranian government has decided to move ahead on its own with the construction of rail line from Chabahar port to Zahedan, along the border with Afghanistan. They cited the delay from the Indian side in funding and starting the project from 4 years after an agreement signed.
The entire project would be completed by March 2022, and Iran’s move to drop the partnership with India comes as it finalizes a sweeping 25-year strategic partnership deal with China worth billion. According to an Iranian official and an oil trader, China would receive a regular — and, heavily discounted supply of Iranian oil over the next 25 years in exchange.
The Iranian officials said that the rail project is expected to be finished by March 2022. Iran’s Railways has started the construction work and for funds, it will tap into approximately million from the Iranian National Development Fund.
The Congress party hit out at PM Modi after this move from Iran Government. The party chief spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi tweeted, “India dropped from Chahbar Port deal. This is the diplomacy of the Modi Govt that won laurels even without getting the work done, China worked quietly but gave them a better deal. Big loss for India. But you can't ask questions!”
Due to the sanctions imposed by USA and the worry of being penalized by them, India found it difficult to supply the construction equipment. So far Ministry of External Affairs and IRCON (Indian Railway Construction Limited) hasn’t commented on the issue.
Also Read: Trump Working On Executive Order To Establish Merit Based Immigration System